Niagara Casinos is committed to providing its goods and services in ways that respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We are also committed to giving people with disabilities access to our goods and services in the same place and in a similar manner as other customers.
Plans and Policies
Accessible Customer Service Policy
The Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07, became law on January 1, 2008. It is the first accessibility standard implemented under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. This regulation is an important step to create a barrier-free and accessible Ontario by 2025.
Niagara Casinos is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities in the following areas:
- Niagara Casinos will use reasonable efforts to ensure that policies, practices and procedures are documented and consistent with the following core principles of the standard:
- Dignity Respect the dignity of a person with a disability. Treat them as customers and clients who are as valued and as deserving of effective and full service as any other customer.
- Independence People who may move or speak more slowly should not be denied an opportunity to participate in a program or service because of these factors. A Niagara Casino Associate should not hurry them or take over a task for them if they prefer to do it themselves in their own way.
- Integration Allow people with disabilities to fully benefit from the same services, in the same place and in the same or similar way as other customers. Sometimes, integration does not serve the needs of all people with disabilities. In these cases it is necessary to use alternate measures to provide goods or services.
- Equal Opportunity Allow people to have the same chances, options, benefits and results as others. In the case of services, it means that people with disabilities have the same opportunity as others to benefit from the way Niagara Casinos provides goods or services. They should not have to make significantly more effort to access or obtain service. They should also not have to accept lesser quality or more inconvenience.
Communication and Documentation
When communicating with a person with a disability, Niagara Casino Associates will do so in a manner that takes into account the person's disability. When providing a copy of a document to a person with a disability, Niagara Casinos shall give the person the document, or the information contained in the document, in a format that takes into account the person's disability.
Personal Assistive Devices
Niagara Casinos permit customers with disabilities to use their own personal assistive devices provided the assistive device does not jeopardize or interfere with the integrity and assets of the organization.
Niagara Casinos Assistance Provided
Niagara Casinos may offer a person with a disability other reasonable measures to assist the person in obtaining, using or benefiting from Niagara Casinos goods and services. Where Niagara Casinos has such other measures available, this will be documented in policies, practices and procedures.
- Niagara Casinos ensures entry of customers with disabilities accompanied by a personal support person into Niagara Casinos, subject to applicable age restrictions and other applicable entry criteria.
- Standard costs will apply to personal support workers accompanying persons with disabilities at special events.
A person with a disability may enter Niagara Casinos accompanied by their guide dog or service animal in areas of the premises that are open to the public, unless the animal is excluded by another law. If a service animal is excluded by law, other measures to provide services to the person with a disability may be used.
Service Animals Policy — This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
Notice of Disruptions in Service
- Niagara Casinos will make reasonable efforts to provide notice to customers, when possible, if services are unavailable.
- When a disruption occurs unexpectedly, notice shall conspicuously be posted as soon as possible.
- Niagara Casinos will acknowledge customer feedback in a timely manner that takes into account the customer's disability.
- Niagara Casinos will capture and track customer feedback through available tracking systems.
- All persons to whom this policy applies will receive training as required by the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service.
- Accessible Customer Service training has been provided to all Niagara Casinos Associates. Niagara Casinos New Hire program incorporates an AODA Accessible Customer Service segment to ensure all Associates are trained.
Availability of Niagara Casino Accessibility Policy
Public access to the annual Niagara Casinos Accessibility Policy will be available in alternate formats upon request.
Niagara Casinos is committed to providing excellent customer service to all, including those with disabilities. If you have feedback about your accessible customer service experience, please let us know by calling Niagara Casinos at 1 (877) 376-9722, by FAX at 1 (905) 376-7940, by email through the Contact Tab at www.fallsviewcasinoresort.com or www.casinoniagara.com or by mail at:
Fallsview Casino Resort
6380 Fallsview Blvd.
PO Box 300
Niagara Falls, ON
Any personal information provided is collected under the authority of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) for the primary purpose of receiving and responding to your feedback/inquiry as required.
Accessible Customer Service Feedback — This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation Policy
The second standard, The Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (Ontario Regulation 191/11) (IASR) became law in 2011.
This regulation includes accessibility standards for Information and Communications, Employment, Transportation and the Design of Public Spaces.
Niagara Casinos has developed a corporate policy that demonstrates its commitment to preventing and removing barriers to Niagara Casino goods, services and facilities for persons with disabilities.
Niagara Casino Integrated Accessibility Standards Policy — This document is available in alternate formats upon request
Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
Niagara Casinos Multi-Year Accessibility Plan is a road map that describes how we will transform Niagara Casinos into an accessible organization. This Plan documents our approach to building an inclusive Niagara Casinos and takes our vision to a whole other level: achieving an accessible organization.
View Niagara Casinos Multi-Year Accessibility Plan — This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
Annual Accessibility Progress
Niagara Casinos has implemented many accessibility changes and improvements since 2010 to make our products, services and facilities more accessible to people with disabilities. Niagara Casinos is committed to support increased accessibility across our organization.
The following is a summary of the accessibility initiatives Niagara Casinos has implemented.
Niagara Casino Annual Accessibility Progress 2021 — This document is available in alternate formats upon request.