Notice of Collection of Information
As part of its conduct and management of lottery schemes and operation of gaming sites in Ontario, the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) and/or its third party service provider, MGE Niagara Entertainment Inc. (MGE), collects your gaming-related personal information at Casino Niagara and Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort under the authority of section 3 of the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation Act, 1999, in accordance with the Ontario Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
This information is collected and used by OLG and/or its service provider for the principal purposes of:
- developing, providing for, undertaking, organizing, conducting and managing lottery schemes and gaming in Ontario;
- assisting in the proper management of games of chance and maintaining the integrity thereof, including the use of video surveillance and monitoring casino transactions;
- administering and managing loyalty programs, tournaments, contests, offers and promotions, including player registration, player identity and eligibility verification, payment processing, investigating and validating prize claims, fraud detection, publishing winners' information (name, city of residence, game(s) played and prize amount), and facilitating sign-up for additional/new services or offers;
- administering Responsible Gambling programs, including player data analytics and providing you with feedback based on your play patterns and behaviours;
- improving service delivery and customer experience;
- researching and improving the effectiveness and business viability of current and prospective products, programs, campaigns and services;
- providing you with information you have opted into receive, including but not limited to marketing materials, contests, offers, coupons, and surveys;
- research initiatives conducted by OLG and/or its service provider to better understand the interests of current and prospective customers;
- disclosing your contact information by consent, including to research organizations for participation in research studies;
- internal business purposes of OLG and/or its service provider;
- complying with legal and regulatory requirements, including sharing personal information and transaction details with regulators and law enforcement where required; and disclosing your contact information and the date and time of your attendance at Casino Niagara and/or Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort, to Ontario Public Health Authorities, if they require it for contact tracing purposes.
For more information on how MGE uses your personal information, write to Casinos of Niagara, Attention: Chief Privacy Officer, P.O. Box 300, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2E 6T3. For more information on how OLG uses your personal information, visit olg.ca, write to OLG at Ontario Lottery and Gaming, Attention: Privacy, 4120 Yonge Street, Suite 409, Toronto, ON M2P 2B8, or speak to a Customer Service Representative by calling toll free 1-800-387-0098.
January 14, 2021